Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Love, just Love!!!!







And then there are those days.... I had one today! You know the one that NEVER seems to end!! I worked! For those of you who don't know me, I work in a dental office two days a week! A great office w/ great people, but today was a busy one ( which is good) but it never was gonna end(which is not good) I came home... LATE to a home that was a mess, nothing to cook for dinner, 4 people needing me all at once, and a neighbor kid to boot! Then Jack's sister came by and then a friend called w/ a minor emergency(which I won't talk about because they already make fun of my blog) in a good way! I scrounged up dinner. Ra men noodle soup and hot dogs... uhhgggg! What have I become? then we finished home work, had a 10 minute family clean-up time( I swear they think I am the effing maid) a few tears along the way... then the magic words! Yep that's right "BED TIME" Ahhhhhhhh! Then I went to put on my jammies and finally take off my scrubs from work, and when I came out, this is what I saw.......

Yep my little sweet, perfect, loving children bonding! Jackson reading a book to his sisters! They were all under a blanket(except Abby, she wanted to go read her own book, but couldn't tear herself away) He read 3 books before they were done! Every once in a while I would hear him say " do you know this word Olivia?" "say this Olivia" and sound it out! Then all of the day went away! (I know I am on the cheesy side here Fro) but come on this is good stuff!!! Little reminders that they are here to fill my house w/ love and laughter and fighting and screaming and all of the stuff that goes with having kids! They can erase a bad day in one swift move, they fill my "love bucket" I am so glad they love each other, I am so glad they are them!!!! This is the stuff I can't get enough of!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm with you, Donna!!

The sweetness that emanates from our children (at the most unusual and unexpected times)...

that's the GOOD stuff.

And it washes all the bad away.
SO MUCH!!

Love your "sappy side"!! It's part of what makes you such a great Mom!!

xoxo
jc