Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just Rain




Well, we not only made it thru the tropical storm, we had a ball! Last night we all got cozy turned the AC down really cold (in case we lost power the house would be cool) and settled in for a rainy night! About 5 a.m. the winds really picked up and the power started to flicker on and off! That had me up for a while, then the power went off for good around 6 a.m. and stayed off until about 10 a.m. I have to say I really enjoyed the quiet and listening to all of the wind and rain! With the kids playing out in this mess all day, I feel that I am even more ready than I was to start the first day of school tomorrow! The kids are really excited w/ their outfits laid out and their backpacks are overflowing w/ supplies! So with the extra day Jackson decided to do what any boy would do! We are lucky enough to have about 10 acres behind us that belong to Jack's family so it is the perfect place for Jackson to ride his ATV. He had so much fun splashing thru our new now waterfront backyard! I couldn't help but snap a few shots of my boy, just being a boy! When I say that.. I mean REALLY awesome boy full of all of the stuff that makes them boys! by the way totally loving this new editing for my photos! thanks Kelly, one more thing to get totally obsessed with and do nothing else that I should be doing! but it's soooo fun!

1 comment:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

Isn't editing fun? Are you using picnik.com? Jen found that somehow and I love that site!! I have an album filled with just pictures I've edited called "Best of" or "Hall of Fame" for organizing all of them! FUN! Those pictures are so cool in the water!!