Sunday, October 5, 2008

more wine





So here is the "thing" when I married my man.. I married his Family! Not a bad move I must say! It is so fun being part of such a loving, in your face, LOVE their culture and their heritage type family! One perk... once a year they make wine. yes that's right their very own! They don't buy it from the store, they buy the grapes, have them imported in and make enough for the whole year! Downside( could there be one) strong stuff! no preservatives, no sulfates, just 100% YUM!!!!! The fun part is this is their tradition! They all gather kids included, and they all have a part! from unloading the truck, to breaking down boxes, to dumping the grapes and so on! the process today involved putting the grapes thru a machine that separates the stems from the grapes and outs them in these 50 gallon containers. Then in 40 days they will get together again and they will put them thru the "press" then they have wine! The longer it sits the better! I love that my kids get excited for this day! The minute they know it is in the plan, they wanna know... "is the truck here yet?" "is it time?" They go over like it is all part of the weekend like this is what every family does on a Sat. afternoon! The day is followed by a huge meal, this time Linguine w/ clams and of course, lots of wine! I love him... I love his family... I love the wine! "CHEERS" or "SALUTE"

2 comments:

Kelle said...

okay, this just looks totally awesome. and i don't even like wine. love the experience and bonding this must have brought!

Jennifer said...

What a neat tradition.

I wanna be Italian!! lol

Seriously, this is GOOD stuff.

LOVE it!!